About the airport
The Culpeper Regional Airport (CJR) is a public use, general aviation airport operated by the County of Culpeper. CJR is located 7 miles North of the Town of Culpeper in Brandy Station. CJR has a 5,000 ft. by 100 ft. grooved runway with pilot-controlled lighting. For more specifics on the pilot amenities of the airport, please click here. The Airport has just under 300 acres of fenced property adjacent to the Culpeper County Industrial Park and the Civil War Preservation Trust. With our location being 1.5 miles off of State Route 29, we are easy to find.
The County owns and operates all 140 hangars located at CJR. 32 of these hangars are only 6 years old. To sign up to be on the hangar waiting list, please click here.
The airport has 69 tie-down spaces on the large lighted apron with ample availability.
The airport currently has 156 aircraft that call CJR “home”.
Our Mission is to provide
- An engine for economic development in the County.
- A transportation hub for business and the general population of Culpeper County as well as the surrounding communities.
- The very best general aviation facilities and services in Virginia.
- The measure of success is determined by several factors:
- The growth of the airport with respect to economic development.
- The quality and quantity of air transportation available to the community and businesses located in Culpeper County.
- The customer satisfaction of all users of the airport.
We will be guided by the following principles
- People are our most valuable resource. They will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Innovation is our path to continuous improvement in processes, productivity, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Personal growth and professional development will be fostered through leadership, education and training.
- Teamwork is the key to success. Promote the exchange of ideas at every level of the airport operation.
- Good Neighbor is the hallmark by which we will be known.
- Manage all resources to provide the most productive and efficient use of taxpayer dollars.
- Conserve natural resources and preserve the environment.
- Value honesty, integrity and the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct.
Culpeper Regional Airport
12517 Beverly Ford Rd.
Brandy Station, VA 22714